Recipe: Candy Cane Mini Cheesecakes
Festive recipe time! These mini cheesecakes were super easy to make and were a hit at my family party this past weekend. They weren’t too overpowered with mint flavour and not too sweet either.
For the crust:
- 1 1/4 cup Oreo cookie crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
For the cheesecakes:
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 16 oz. light cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup vanilla bean Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 20 candy cane Hershey’s kisses (chopped)
For the icing (optional):
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons real vanilla extract
- Whisk together melted butter, cookie crumbs, and sugar until combined. Insert paper liners in a cupcake tray and scoop 2 tablespoons of cookie mixture into each. Press down firmly to compact the mixture using a small spoon or your fingers.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 350 degrees and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine sugar and light cream cheese and beat until the mixture is nice and light. Add eggs, yogurt, cream, vanilla and peppermint extracts and blend again until smooth and creamy.
- Add crushed candy cane kisses and fold into the mix using a spatula.
- Pour the mixture on top of the cookie crusts and bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees. *Note that they do not rise very much so you can fill each liner nearly to the top.
- Once baked, let the cheesecakes cool at room temperature before setting in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Combine heavy cream, vanilla, and powdered sugar and blend until thickened.
- Spoon a small amount of icing on top of each cheesecake and top with a whole candy cane kiss.
I found that the cheesecakes drooped a little in the middle, so the icing helped cover that up. Once they’re iced you can continue storing them in the fridge until you’re ready to serve them.
*This recipe was adapted from and inspired by http://www.iheartnaptime.net/mini-peppermint-cheesecakes/