Recipe: Banana Bread
Ok guys, seriously this banana bread is the best I’ve ever made! It is so moist and banana-ey (obviously not a word but once you try it you’ll understand).
I always have over ripe bananas either in my freezer or fruit bowl so I frequently bake banana bread using new recipes I’ve looked up online or on Pinterest. None have been good enough to make repeatedly and I finally have one I will use more than once! Small victories, but it’s always exciting to add a new recipe to your collection, right?
What you need:
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
What to do:
- Beat together coconut oil and sugar until combined.
- Add eggs, banana, yogurt, and vanilla and blend.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, and salt until just combined.
- Grease a loaf pan and coat litely with flour before poring in the mixture.
- Top with mini chocolate chips (optional).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes (depending on your oven it may need a few minutes more or less). Try inserting a toothpick and when it comes out clean, it’s done!
- Let cool and remove from pan.
- Slice and enjoy 🙂
(This recipe was adapted from Your Homebased Mom)