Strawberry Chia Pudding
I’ve been curious about chia pudding for a while now and thought I’d give it a try. It’s a delicious, healthy treat rather than having a bowl of ice cream or is also a nice breakfast, and like most of my recipes is totally customizable – there are a million ways to make chia pudding!
I decided to start off simple with this strawberry version, but now that I’ve tried it I will definitely be following up with some more inventive versions in the future.
Chia seeds are an excellent source of antioxidants and nutrients (fiber, protein, calcium, omega-3 fatty acids), are low in calories, gluten free, and can even help improve exercise performance and help in losing weight! You can read more about that here.This recipe made enough for two breakfast-sized portions (I used mason jars because they seal tightly for storage in the fridge), but could also fill four ramekins for dessert portions. I topped it with some additional fresh strawberries for texture but would also recommend whipped cream for dessert, coconut flakes or even chocolate chips!
What you need:
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled
- 3/4 cup coconut milk (I used boxed)
- 2 tbsp organic honey
- 1 tsp real vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest (optional)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- Using a blender or food processor, blend together strawberries, coconut milk, honey, vanilla, and lemon zest.
- Transfer ingredients into a medium sized bowl and add chia seeds. Whisk together and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Whisk again before transferring into jars or bowls, cover, and let stand for at least 4 hours.
What combinations would you like to try? I think I’ll make a more decadent one next time, something chocolatey or sweet!
*This recipe was originally published by thekitchn.com